MobileMe Contacts Blip

After months of having pretty good luck with MobileMe Sync, between three Macs and my iPhone, I suddenly noticed that some contacts were not getting synced from my desktops to my "database in the cloud". I'd have, say, 302 contacts on my desktop, and 301 contacts in MobileMe (and thus, 301 contacts on my iPhone). The iPhone always agreed with MobileMe, those two stayed in sync perfectly well, so it was just the desktops that were confused.

I solved this at first by simply finding the contact that was not being sync'd, making a fake edit to the entry, and then forcing a MobileMe synchronization. That worked. But I found that I would have another blip pop up just a few days later (303 on desktop, 302 on MobileMe/iPhone), so this wasn't really a fix.

After searching around the forums at Apple's support site, I found others with the same problem, and a suggestion to fix the problem that worked for me.

Quit Address Book on the desktop in question. Then, remove this file:

~/Library/Application Support/Address Book/AddressBook-v22.abcddb

Relaunch Address Book and force a MobileMe sync. All contacts should now be in sync.

I don't know how long this will last, but it was sure easier than finding the erroneous contact and making a fake edit. Hopefully this is a known issue and Apple will fix it in a MobileMe update later.

Comments