At JavaOne 2008 all week

I'll be at JavaOne 08 this week. Saw an interesting new blog that aims to provide tips for JavaOne first-timers. (This is my fifth, if I'm counting correctly -- ironically I never got to go to JavaOne when I worked for Sun, they reserve spots for paying customers, which is understandable).

Anyway, the blog entry is here. If you're at JavaOne, the tip about having comfortable shoes is absolutely on the mark: This conference is *exhausting* and you will be walking a lot.

Especially now that the alumni lounge isn't in the Moscone itself anymore.. they seem to have moved it to a hotel next to the Moscone West (which otherwise is not in use by JavaOne). I used to love a little downtime between sessions at the Alumni Lounge, because it was so conveniently located near all the central activities at the conference. Now, it requires a hike over to Moscone West, then to the Intercontinental Hotel, 4th floor, which is pretty out of the way.

Just became a lot less useful. :-(

Oh well. JavaOne 08 begins!

Comments

konberg said…
What works for me at conferences without fail is to carry an extension cord that splits into two outlets. That way, even if all outlets are used, you can share with someone.

In fact, didn't I do that for you last year? :)
Unknown said…
In fact, you did last year! It was great then, and still good advice this year. The power outlets are hard to get.