Summary

So here's where I am after this week's adventures.


.Mac sync is still down. Since October 19th. 15 days and counting. Apple's really looking first-class on this one. And no significant updates, no apologies to their users, nothing. I could almost forgive the downtime if they were being communicative to the users, but they've ignored my help requests, they aren't posting on the forums. This is the worst customer service from anyone, much less from Apple. Incredible.


The Leopard Server issue I had was resolved, via a sneaky trick of pulling the MacOS X Server Utilities out of the 10.4 tools installer disc and modifying the version.plist file. Changing "CFBundleShortVersionString" from 10.4.7 to 10.6 seems to work. (Thanks to the Apple Discussion Forum "Administration Applications" for the help on this one.)


MarsEdit is the winner of my short-lived bake-off between two Mac blogging tools. However, I don't actually know if I'm going to use it. So there you go.

Still can't install Leopard on my G5 iMac. Not sure why, but to be honest I haven't really tried many more times. I'll get around to it.


Honestly, I'm so close to just bagging .mac and going to Foxmarks anyway, and sticking with Firefox on all my platforms. Maybe trying Plaxo for address book. Let's see how pissed off .Mac gets me. :-)

Comments