.Mac sync

Okay, looks like .Mac sync is finally back up again. My synchronization seems to be working, both up to .Mac and to my other macintoshes on the same account. Goodness, that only took a month to get working.

One thing still isn't working, though, and that's the Dashboard synchronization. This promised to be pretty neat, you set up your dashboard all nice and pretty on one Mac, and that exact setup propagates to all the other Macs being synchronized. Sounds good, right?

Well, as usual, the fine print is always worth reading.

So you have to install the dashboard widgets on each machine; the synchronization is only for each widget's preferences and whether or not to show it on the dashboard.

I suppose that's still useful, just significantly less so. Would it have been that hard to store the widget code in the account as well? Maybe it's a security thing. I dunno. I just wish it worked that way.

Comments