More Apple bugs

Well, not really a bug, but a missing service.

.Mac (which I subscribe to, a premium service) Sync (which lets you synchronize various bits of data from mac-to-mac via the Internet, via Apple's servers) has not worked since the 19th. It really blew up badly, causing lots of my data to be duplicated and/or not synchronized properly (some data on some machines, some on others, but none of them complete).

I figured, let Leopard get released and see if they can finally get the sync service going again.

As of today, 10/30, it is still not working. Apple's .Mac status even says it's still not operating properly. None of my data pushes up to the servers, even though the sync says it's working fine on my Leopard-enabled Mac.

Common wisdom on the Forums? "Just stop using it until Apple gives the all-clear."

For the yearly cost of this service, I expected better. There's a fantastic bookmark synchronizer for Firefox that's free, and works flawlessly.

Isn't Apple supposed to get the little things right?

Comments