Apple, iPod, Aperture oddity

Here's an odd bug I just discovered.

Take an iPod classic (80GB), an iMac, Leopard, and Aperture 1.5.6 (the latest, updated for Leopard support).

Tell iTunes to sync photos to the iPod, select the Aperture library as the source for the pictures.

iTunes will sync the pictures to the iPod fine, but every single picture will be dated "February 6, 2040". I have no idea why, but I've discovered that there are a few others who noticed this oddity, as this posting on Apple's support boards shows.

No response from Apple, I'll probably submit it as a bug and see what they say.

For now -- no workaround or solution. Anyone else seeing this?

UPDATE: Submitted this as a bug (bugreport.apple.com), received bugid #5566750. Let's see what happens.

UPDATE: Apple fixed this, and sent email asking me to verify that the fix did in fact address my bug. Good job, Apple! They do listen to their bug reporting system! Issue resolved.

Comments