HDTV Overscan suport in nVidia 8800-series cards

So I've upgraded my home theater PC (HTPC) to Vista last week, and for the most part it's working fine, even the drivers for my Auzentech X-Plosion DTS 7.1 card (which is a GREAT card, btw, and has worked flawlessly under XP as well).

The only thing NOT working was the overscan support in nVidia's drivers. The option is listed, but whenever I would select it and resize my desktop to fit my Samsung's DLP rear-projection screen, the desktop would just snap back to the normal full resolution regardless.

The solution -- thanks to the posters over at nvnews.net -- is in nVidia's fix for this problem, located here. Thanks, nvnews!

UPDATE: Not so fast.. this update only applies to Windows XP. Anyone have a solution for getting the 8800-series cards to support overscan on Vista? This is pretty basic stuff, I can't believe the drivers still don't support it..

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am in the same boat. Did you ever find a solution?
Unknown said…
I never did. I wound up giving up and buying an AppleTV and an HD TiVo.

This was a while back, I was hoping that by now the Vista drivers had gotten more mature and could do this.. sorry to hear that you are having problems. :-(